But in the midst of all the financial analysis the company is at least getting some credit for the work they have done on supply chain sustainability.
Just another sign that little by little, financial analyses in places, are taking note of sustainability work.
The summary section reports that:
- Sportswear giant Nike (NYSE: NKE) has been performing impressively over the course of the last 5 years with top lines as well as bottom lines showing impressive growth.
- The company reported net income of $655 million during the quarter, increasing almost 23% from net income of $534 million in the same quarter of the previous year.
- Nike has been implementing sustainable supply chain systems which have given them easy access to raw materials while enhancing efficiency, reducing transit time and allowing for an environmentally sustainable approach.
- The company also makes use of systems mapping on order to identify its points of leverage in its global supply chain.
- Thus overall, a defensive stock with a high PE ratio and a decent dividend yield signifies a highly worthwhile investment prospect.