My colleague Cora Ng has been doing some research on the hurdles managers who work in anti-corruption face.
Over 100 of them responded to our survey and when asked for their top ten challenges said they were these:
1) Getting employee buy-in and commitment to true ethical behaviour
2) Getting support from top management and changing the view of compliance function as a mere cost centre
3) Fighting against the existing ‘turn-a-blind-eye’ culture, and the way ‘business has always been done’
4) Managing an effective global program that complies with different and sometimes contradicting local laws
5) Keeping abreast of ever increasing legislation and ensuring that new requirements are always met
For the next five in the list, have a look here.