She offers ten short pieces of advice on engaging activist groups when attacked.
In brief these are:
- Respond quickly and genuinely
- Immediate human face
- Don’t remove negative comments
- Don’t lead with your lawyers
- Don’t call the police/Do invite them in
- Don’t be dismissive/ See the potential
- Don’t hide behind other entities
- Do engage your internal stakeholders
- Do look to industry counterparts for support and opportunities
- Turn the focus away from the company to the problem
Read the full piece here. It’s a good one to bookmark.