Innovation Forum has just launched the 2019 Modern Slavery and Business series taking place in London (2nd – 3rd April, 2019) and New York (30th April – 1st May, 2019).
These two business conferences are planned in the wake of emerging modern slavery legislation worldwide, and will discuss the impacts for business operations and reporting. They will provide delegates with the practical tools and in-depth guidance to proactively mitigate risk and effectively respond to discovered cases of slavery.
Some agenda highlights include:
- Upcoming legislation: How legal risk is evolving and growing
- Organized crime and modern slavery: How should business and investors respond?
- Due diligence: Where should you start with due diligence? Tips and practical advice from business
- Responsible recruitment: How to mitigate the risk of modern slavery reaching your supply chain
- Crisis scenario: Now that you’ve found forced labour, what are the immediate next steps?
- Remediation and remedy: Dealing with survivors and suppliers
- Accountability: Should you hold suppliers legally liable for modern slavery?
- Financial perspective: How are investors responding to modern slavery risks?
In addition, we will be running specific sectoral breakouts and focused working groups. We strongly encourage delegates to join as a team to ensure that you don’t miss anything across the various breakout sessions.
Already confirmed to speak include senior representatives from: Nestlé, Nokia, The Coca-Cola Company, Google, Barrick Gold, Hilton, Vodafone, Danone, PepsiCo, MARS Petcare, HSBC, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, Co-op, Ferrero, IKEA, GE, Metropolitan Police, Orange, TOTAL, JLL, US Dept of Justice, US Immigration & Customs Enforcement and more.
Please get in touch for details on group discounts and feel free to share with any interested colleagues.
I look forward to seeing you there!
Shen Mushtaq | Project Director
Innovation Forum: events and insight for sustainability
+44 (0) 203 780 7434