The speakers addressed such questions as:
- What is the general state of smallholder farming globally? What are the major risks and opportunities on the horizon?
- What opportunities do smallholder development programmes present to the major corporates such as Unilever and Coca Cola? What is the commercial case for them to bother?
- What are the common issues that keep smallholder yield and productivity to a faction of its potential?
- When designing a programme to systematically improve the state of a corporate smallholder base, what are the key strategic decisions to take into account?
Speakers on the webinar:
- Juni Sul, private sector advisor, agricultural markets and enterprise, Oxfam
- Sven Sielhorst, programme coordinator, sugarcane, Solidaridad Network
- Jon Walker, product manager, sugar, Fairtrade Foundation