The webinar will explore how companies can create strategies to develop the smallholder bases that supply their soft commodities. The discussion will have a particular focus on sugar cane farming but will also will look to explore the transferrable lessons that can be taken from other crop experiences such as palm oil, cocoa, coffee etc.
You can sign up to the webinar here
The speaker will address such questions as:
· What is the general state of smallholder farming globally? What are the major risks and opportunities on the horizon?
· What opportunities do smallholder development programmes present to the major corporates such as Unilever and Coca Cola?, what is the commercial case for them to bother?
· What are the common issues that keep smallholder yield and productivity to a faction of its potential?
· When designing a programme to systematically improve the state of a corporate smallholder base, what are the key strategic decisions to take into account?
· What are the lessons-learnt and best practices from programmes that have attempted to develop smallholders? Where did they see measurable, quantitative improvements?
Confirmed speakers include:
· Juni Sul, private sector advisor, agricultural markets and enterprise, Oxfam
· Sven Sielhorst, programme coordinator, sugarcane, Solidaridad Network
· Bouke Bijl, project coordinator, Phata Sugarcane Outgrowers Cooperative, Malawi
The webinar discussion is one-hour in duration and will take place on 26th May, 14.00 – 15.00 BST.
If you cannot listen to the webinar at this time, we are sending recordings to everyone that signs up.
Once again, you can register for the webinar here
I hope you can join.
Innovation Forum: Events and Insight for Sustainability
O: +44 (0) 203 780 7430 D: +44 (0) 203 780 74 34
Upcoming relevant, PowerPoint free, discussion-based business meetings from Innovation Forum:
(if you read all the above, these are where you can meet fellow executives from companies working on all these issues)