In case you missed last week’s webinar, “Circular fashion: The state of play in the apparel industry” (actually more of a discussion based conference call) you can listen to it here: http://bit.ly/circularapparelwebinar
Here’s what we aimed to discuss:
- Circularity is inching its way into the fashion industry, but how close is it to mainstream application?
- Is a circular business model realistic at the scale required for large apparel brands?
- How can the industry effectively work together to move away from a take-make-dispose model?
- Claire Bergkamp, head of sustainability and ethical trade, Stella McCartney
- Anna Maria Rugarli, senior director, sustainability and responsibility, EMEA, VF Corp
- Traci Kinden, project manager, circular textiles, Circle Economy
I chaired the discussion, which was pretty good, I thought.
Also, if you haven’t sign up yet, I wanted to remind you about our upcoming conference ‘Sustainable apparel: How brands can transform supply chains’ on 24th-25th April in Amsterdam. We will be discussing a lot of the topics covered in the webinar such as circularity and recycling, as well as additional issues such as transparency, factory engagement and the role of consumers.
If you wish to join, I’d be happy to extend last week’s discount and offer you €100 off your ticket if you book by this Wednesday, 28th March. To register, you can either email me or register directly online using the code ‘WEBINAR’: www.innovation-forum.co.uk/sustainable-apparel-register
We will be welcoming senior delegates and speakers from organisations such as Kering, H&M, ASOS, Canopy, HUGO BOSS, Filippa K, Syngenta, Archroma, VF Corporation, ZDHC, Marks & Spencer, Inditex, Fashion for Good, Bergans, Circle Economy, Tom Tailor Group, ASICS, CottonConnect, Mistra Future Fashion, Fairtrade, Mammut Sports Group, Cradle 2 Cradle, Lidl, GIZ, UNICEF and many more.
Please let me know if you have any questions and I hope to see you in April.
Tanya Richard | Project Director
Innovation Forum: events and insights for sustainability
+44 (0) 203 780 7437