The event also has a big focus on general agricultural issues such as land rights and developing livelihoods and productivity of smallholder farmers.
You can see the website here with full details.
Some of the key topics being addressed include:
- Improve the resilience and productivity of sugar beet and cane cultivation through sustainability initiatives
- Build sugar production that is ethical and promotes socio-economic development in the supply chain
- Proactively ready sugar production for future environmental pressures such as loss of biodiversity, climate change and water scarcity
- Present the clear, quantifiable commercial case for sustainability and potential market for sustainable sugar
- Address the unique sustainability challenges facing beet and cane farming
We have confirmed participation from the International Sugar Organisation, Bonsucro, SABMiller, Nordzucker, the International Finance Corporation, Mars, Shell, ED&F Man, AB Sugar, Fairtrade Foundation, ASR-Tate & Lyle, Cristal Union, Suiker Unie and Sainsbury’s.
You can see the full event details of speakers and agenda here.
Any questions, just drop a note to my colleague Boris:
+44 (0)20 3780 7434