The conference is called the Sustainable Sugar Forum (London, UK, June 16-17). The event provides a platform where the sugar cane and beet communities gather to discuss the range of sustainability opportunities and issues in the global sugar value chain.
The event tackles a range of issues such as:
- Human rights, labour issues such as child and forced labour, and preventing land grabbing
- Smallholder farmer development, securing livelihoods, financing, improving productivity and yield
- Water management, building water-stress resilience in vulnerable climates, and reducing water use
- Environmental protection, soil structure conservation and promoting biodiversity
- Climate change, technology developments, climate-smart farming
- Responsible sugar sourcing strategy, implementing effective programmes to source 100% sustainable sugar, traceability and transparency
Over 50 organisations are confirmed to participate so far including The Coca Cola Company, AB Sugar, Illovo Sugar, Tesco, Tereos, Mars, Czarnikow, SAB Miller, Nordzucker, Heineken, Mondelez, PepsiCo, ED&F Man, Ferrero, Tate & Lyle, to name a few.
This week we have the last chance deadline on delegate passes to the conference. For delegate passes, you can register for the event here
Innovation Forum: Events and Insight for Sustainability
O: +44 (0) 203 780 7430 D: +44 (0) 203 780 74 34