Thanks to Bob Eccles over at Harvard for alerting me to this article:
“How businesses can embrace environmental, social and governance metrics”
It’s by Al Gore and David Blood.
The article makes five concrete recommendations to speed the adoption of sustainable capitalism:
1. Identify and incorporate risk from stranded assets.
2. Mandate integrated reporting.
3. End the default practice of issuing quarterly earnings guidance.
4. Align compensation structures with long-term sustainable performance.
5. Incentivize long-term investing with loyalty-driven securities.
Hard to argue with that. Useful to send around to colleagues perhaps.
Show them where the wind is blowing…The CEO might read it if it’s been in the WSJ.