Whenever I read something odd and amusing via email I think of this quote from 1943 in a letter from Sir Archibald Clerk Kerr to Lord Pembroke at the Foreign Office:
“In these dark days man tends to look for little shafts of light that spill from Heaven. My days are probably darker than yours, and I need, my God I do, all the light I can get. But I am a decent fellow, and I do not want to be mean and selfish about what little brightness is shed upon me from time to time. So I propose to share with you a tiny flash that has illuminated my sombre life”
In Sir Archibald’s case he was referring, in a casually racist way, to a new colleague’s name.
My own example of little shafts of light, is slightly less amusing, but still made me chuckle. Some rather unlikely targeting, to say the least…
I wondered if the global recession had got so bad that I was being pitched to buy a ship for $18 million dollars or more.
Must hunt around down the back the sofa for this one:
“Subject: Ship for sale
Directly from our yard, we are please to offer you following for immediate transaction:
– M/V TONG YU, 1002dwt Chemical Tanker (Built 1988 in Japan), USD 680,000
– M/V DONG HANG, 1600dwt Container General Cargo Vessel (Built 1993 in China), USD 850,000
– M/V ZI HANG, 1983dwt Gearless Cargo Vesse (built 1992, Japan), USD 1,000,000
– 7,500dwt Oil Tanker (Built Nov, 2008 in China), USD 9,500,000
– 6740dwt Chemical Tanker (Built Nov, 2008 in China), USD 11,000,000
– 10,800dwt Bulk carrier(Built 2009 in China), USD 9,500,000
BRAND NEW FROM OUR YARD
– 9000dwt MPP (Built Sept, 2009 in China), USD 18,000,000
– 17,000dwt crude/product oil tanker(Built May, 2009 in China) , USD 23,000,000
– 19,800dwt Bulk carrier(Built May, 2009 in China), USD 17,500,000
– 23,800dwt Bulk carrier(Built May, 2009 in China), USD 23,000,000
– 32,000dwt Bulk carrier(Built May, 2009 in China), USD 28,000,000
– 38,000dwt Bulk carrier(Built May, 2009 in China), USD 35,000,000
Feel free to drop us an email or call for any question.
AJ7 Global Group Co,.Ltd (Shanghai, China)
Mobile: + 86 135 6421 7233
office: + 86 21 5424 1474
Fax: + 86 21 6402 1958
Anyone wishing to pick up a Chinese ship, presumably at bargain prices, should contact Judy above, who will justify her name should you want your own ship.