How business can tackle modern slavery, London meeting, April 25-26 2017
I wanted to share with you the latest on our upcoming conference ‘How business can tackle modern slavery and forced labour’ that will take place in London on 25th-26th April 2017.
The two days will provide delegates with the guidance to proactively mitigate risk and effectively respond to discovered cases of slavery.
You can see the latest agenda and speaker line-up in the conference brochure: http://bit.ly/2kvQHJW
The event will bring together each of the key stakeholder groups to deliver the most value to business delegates, including: APPG on Human Trafficking and Modern Slavery, Gangmasters Licensing Authority, Thai Union, Intel, Tesco, Next, Hilton, Greenpeace, IHRB, ILO, Unseen, Humanity United, Danone, NEXT, Kosmos Energy, Carillion, BP, Shiva Hotels, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Intel Corporation, Consumer Goods Forum, British American Tobacco, Foreign Trade Association, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer and many more.
We will have focused debates and practical working sessions on:
- The legal and reputational implications of ignoring slavery and forced labour in corporate supply chains and operations
- How much information should companies be releasing and to what extent does full disclosure raise legal liabilities for companies?
- What are the best due diligence practices and what innovative technologies are available for business to identify cases of forced labour in the supply chain and operations?
- What is the best way to track and measure progress?
- Risk mitigation through understanding patterns in migration of workers
- What does responsible recruitment looks like? What policies and practices do companies need to implement to stop exploitation through recruitment?
- Clear guidelines around how to implement meaningful practices in reporting, due diligence and grievance mechanisms
- A detailed look at sectoral issues within agriculture, hospitality, construction, banking, ICT and electronics
- Collaboration: how to build meaningful and effective relationships with different stakeholders
Please feel free to get in touch with any questions.
Events and Insights for Sustainability