Webinar: Can supply chain technology deliver improved human rights?
Innovation Forum would like to invite you to join a complimentary webinar on the potential of new technologies to change the game in the management of human rights risks for companies.
This one-hour discussion will take place on Wednesday the 21st of September and will provide you with a focused debate on the uses of nascent blockchain technology and mobile-based applications.
We’ll discuss their potential (and limitations) in bringing long-awaited effective solutions to human rights abuses and how companies can apply them to refine their due diligence.
You can sign up to listen to the webinar here: http://bit.ly/2cG7Cao
Some of the key questions our panel will discuss include:
· What exactly is blockchain and how can companies use it for human rights issues?
· How far away we are from blockchain application at scale, beyond pilots and one-off projects to widespread uptake?
· Do these technologies truly represent a change of approach in company engagement with human rights?
· Are there any pilot case studies that are leading to significant improvements on the ground?
· Are technological solutions another ‘hands off’ type approach to engagement, a new generation of auditing?
· Which technologies support and enhance direct worker engagement effectively?
· Given the access challenges for those at the end of the supply chain, is the role of technology in managing human rights risks overhyped?
· How are leading companies applying technology to their due diligence process?
The webinar will take place on Wednesday 21st September, 13.00 – 14.00 BST.
If you can’t make that time, but would like to hear the content, please sign up and you’ll receive the recordings via email.
Sign up here: http://bit.ly/2cG7Cao